Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

letters from abroad


This trip to England was an attempt to discover my past family history.

I have learned that the past is gone, and what remains can be found in archives, museums, antique shops, and on post cards. Life is for the living, it is a phrase I often use. To me it means living life to its fullest, enjoying each day as it comes, and expecting more and better things in the future.

I am sad that I could not have learned more about my family. Still, seeing where they lived, and sometimes, how they lived was interesting. Our families did not leave their homes to come to America because life was great, but because life poor, hard, or there was war or persecution. Our forefathers and mothers came to America hoping for something better, and that is the legacy that we must carry on. A better America, a better world.

No comments:

Post a Comment