Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Bob and Andy


I am learning how the blogger works and just wanted to see if I could upload a picture to the blog. Apparently, I can.

The picture of my father-in-law and brother-in-law, Bob and Andy, got me thinking that life in
Wichita is really pretty good. I know I complain about Wichita a lot. I didn't grow up here and can think of a lot more exciting and beautiful spots on this earth.

Still, "It's a great place to raise a family." That is what I always say when anyone asks why I live here. And I guess that is true. I have been here for over twenty years now and have raised two children, Hannah and Will, one in college at DePaul in Chicago, and the other in high school at East High in Wichita.

As you can see from the photograph, we are sitting on the back porch enjoying the beautiful weather. (It was at Andy's house.) There is a beer, glass of wine or scotch somewhere, but you don't see it in the photograph. The food is always great and the conversation between family members even better.

I have known friends who have left Wichita for Hawaii, California, and Santa Fe, New Mexico. Not everyone stays and not everyone comes back, but the ones that do come back, and there have been many, always say, "It is my family that brings me back."

No comments:

Post a Comment